General informations about the Smart Sign Project
This project provides software suitable for smartcard
based digital signature and both local and remote
authentication security services. It can also be
used to integrate smart card technology into a working
Certification Authority that issues public key certificates for
the users through the web.
For example, we provide a module that is known to work with the
OpenCA Certification Authority
for on-board keypair generation.
Our software works with different kinds of smart cards. Actually
we have modules that work with Schlumberger Cyberflex Access
16K and Cryptoflex 16K smart cards and any Java Card 2.1.1
compliant smart card (i.e. both Schlumberger Cyberflex Access
32K and Gemplus GemXpresso 211/PK).
Our software has been developed and tested with Towitoko's
CHIPDRIVE and Schlumberger's Reflex 72 card readers. It
is known to work fine with Gemplus GCR410, GCR400FD, GemPC and
Microsystem's SCM readers too.
- automatic storing of private key and public certificate on the
smartcard during the interaction with OpenCA for the "certification process"
- use of smartcard to sign e-mail and e-news from within
- use of smartcard to sign/verify every kind of file with a simple
- smartcard-based authentication of local users to a system by means of a
public key authentication protocol
- smartcard-based authentication of remote users to a system by means of a
smart card enabled OpenSSH
- interactive command line browsing and invoking of all supported
card commands for Cyberflex cards (ISO 7816 compliant and not)